More pages in this section
Believe it or not, we began as a humble, one-doctor home visiting service a long time ago.
It didn’t take long for it to become apparent that a home visit was not always the right service. And so, we added a general practice, specialty service and expanded our hours of operation as went along. These days we are;
- Still care above and beyond everything else
- Promoting better access to medicine
- Building document libraries
- Improving policy
- Promoting connectivity and cohesion
- Trying to remove the unnecessarily repetitive nature of medicine -- to make things simpler and smoother for all.
- Individualizing patient care
- Electronic prescribing
- Pathology and radiology requests, and referrals, to an email address of your choice.
- As accountable, capable, and diverse as we have ever been
The Townsville GP Superclinic will always be grateful to the Australian Department of Health, whose idea it was to locate a large, multidisciplinary care team in Townsville, to promote better connectivity with the health system for all.
Our underlying aim has, and always will be, to invest and reinvest as much time, care, devotion and money into the Townsville community as we can.
Our team does not start with the highest, or end with the lowest. All of bus are meant to be learning, and improving the person we are, as we go. Our team certainly includes;
- Individuals with the capability to imagine how our health care system could or should be long into the future;
- The capability and infrastructure to do more than we are doing today
- Is as friendly and helpful as we can be
- Practices medicine in accordance with the latest guidelines
- Promotes equity, purpose and diversity
- Offers choice and promotes health, as a way of life, as much as we can
Our doctors keep on getting better and better, in accordance with the standards and support they are surrounded by at the time.
Are extremely approachable as a rule.
Offer patient-centered care.
Operate with best-practice medicine in mind. They have also learned to think for themselves.
Promote continuity of care.
Have us to work with as well.
As it is for doctors, there is no reason why allied health care professionals need to get seriously organised. If they are willing to provide the service, we will provide the organisation to work with as well.
Operate to the same standards we expect of our medical professionals.
Work as part of a multidisciplinary care team.
Allied health care professionals, of all sorts, who would like to work with us, should feel free to get in touch.
Our organisation has only had the one owner who has never gone away.
Our organisation has senior managers, with designated roles. At the same time, we believe in the concept of team.
Everyone we work with is welcome to join the leadership group in a manner that makes sense to all.
- Has sophisticated systems that are capable of offering telehealth to all parts of the country
- Can transmit data via SMS, email or alternate secure messaging systems to all parts of the country to facilitate ongoing care
- Will support doctors and allied health care service providers in all parts of the country, essentially irrespective of the type of care they are trying to provide at the time.
We are open seven days a week, with Doctors available on-call after hours for all your medical needs.
As well as knowledgeable Doctors, we also have friendly receptionists and helpful Registered Nurses.
Our Nurses are available for your Women’s Health Checks, Pap smears, Health Assessments, Wound Management, Team Care Arrangements, Care Plans, etc.
Please tell the receptionists if:
- You need to see a Doctor urgently. We will try our best to get you in as soon as possible.
- You think you may need a longer than normal appointment (approx. 15-mins or more).
We make every effort to see you on time, and appreciate our patients taking the same care. Sometimes, due to emergencies or extended consultations, the Doctors may run late. We appreciate your patience when this happens.
A Doctor is always available on-call after hours for any medical issues you may have. To access the after hours service, dial 4753 0888 and follow the recorded telephone instructions. Dial 000 immediately for emergencies.
We are committed to preventative healthcare. Occasionally we may send you a reminder offering preventative health services appropriate to your care. If you do not wish to be part of this system, please tell your Doctor or the receptionists.
Visits to your home or hotel can be arranged where appropriate. We try our best to arrange for a Doctor to attend to you in the quickest time possible, however these visits are scheduled according to the Doctors appointment availability. As we might not have all the necessary medical equipment available at your home/hotel, we would prefer to see you at the Medical Centre.
A Private Fee is charged based on the location of your consultation and how complex the medical problem is.
On rare occasions, our doctors may arrange for you to receive results over the phone, in these instances you must speak to that Doctor only (or the Nurse, if instructed).
Non-medical staff do not give treatment, advice, or disclose results over the telephone.
Please make an appointment to see a Doctor for your prescription needs, so that we can make sure we’re providing you with the most up to date medications and healthcare available.
We prefer to be responsible for managing your healthcare. As a result, it is often necessary to organize follow-up appointments so that we can monitor treatment appropriate to your care.
Many people do not realize that “shopping around” from medical centre to medical centre may be a disadvantage to you/your family’s health. If you have visited other Doctors in the past, it is easy for us to obtain your medical records from the appropriate source. This way we can continue to give you the best medical attention possible. If you would like your medical records transferred, please see our receptionist for a Consent Form.
We try to keep interruptions during a consultation to a minimum as they can be very distracting to both the Doctor and patient. Receptionists are not medical professionals and are restricted from discussing or disclosing your results or condition. Most queries are best dealt with by consultation, so our general response to a medical matter over the phone is to come in and see the Doctor.
All electronic communication including secure and encrypted emails, faxes or SMS correspondence is conducted with appropriate regard to the National Privacy Principles and the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. All significant electronic contact is recorded in your personal health record.