More pages in this section
Believe it or not, we began as a humble, one-doctor home visiting service a long time ago.
It didn’t take long for it to become apparent that a home visit was not always the right service. And so, we added a general practice, specialty service and expanded our hours of operation as went along. Theses days we are;
- Still care above and beyond everything else
- Promoting better access to medicine
- Building document libraries
- Improving policy
- Promoting connectivity and cohesion
- Trying to remove the unnecessarily repetitive nature of medicine
- Individualising care
- Electronic prescribing
- Pathology and radiology requests, and referrals, to an email address of your choice.
- As accountable, capable and diverse as we have ever been
The Townsville GP Superclinic will always be grateful to the Australian Department of Health, whose idea it was to locate a large, multidisciplinary care team in Townsville, to promote better connectivity with the health system for all.
Our underlying aim has, and always will be, to invest and reinvest as much time, care, devotion, and money into the Townsville community as we can.
Our team does not start with the highest, or end with the lowest. All of us are meant to be learning, and improving the person we are, as we go. Our team certainly includes;
- Individuals with the capability to imagine how our health care system could, or should, in the future;
- The capability and infrastructure to do more than we are doing today
- Is as friendly and helpful as we can be
- Practices medicine in accordance with the latest guidelines
- Promotes equity, purpose, and diversity
- Offers choice and promotes health, as a way of life, as much as we can
Our doctors keep on getting better and better, in accordance with the standards and support they are surrounded by at the time.
Are extremely approachable as a rule.
Offer patient-centred care.
Operate with best-practice medicine in mind. They have also learned to think for themselves.
Promote continuity of care.
Have us to work with as well.
We work with as many allied health care service providers as we can.
Our medical practitioners and allied health care service providers work as a multidisciplinary care team.
Our allied health care service providers operate to the same exacting standards expected of other health care professionals.
Allied health care professionals, of all sorts, who would like to work with us, should feel free to fill in the contact form on our website and get in touch.
Our organisation has only had the one owner who, for better or worse, has never gone away.
Our organisation has senior managers, with designated roles. At the same time, we believe in the concept of team.
Everyone we work with is welcome to join the leadership group in a manner that makes sense to all.
- Has sophisticated systems that are capable of offering telehealth to all parts of the country
- Can transmit data via SMS, email or alternate secure messaging systems to all parts of the country to facilitate ongoing care
- Will support doctors and allied health care service providers in all parts of the country, essentially irrespective of the type of care they are trying to provide at the time.